Monday, September 2, 2019

"Whisper Me This"

Single mother Maisey Addington has always fallen short of her own mother’s expectations—never married, a bit adrift, wasting her high IQ on dead-end jobs. The only thing Maisey’s sure she’s gotten right is her relationship with her twelve-year-old daughter, Elle…until a phone call blows apart the precarious balance of their lives. Maisey’s mother is in a coma, and her aging father faces charges of abuse and neglect.
Back at her childhood home, Maisey must make a heartrending life-or-death decision. Her confused father has destroyed family records, including her mother’s final wishes. Searching for answers, Maisey uncovers one unspeakable secret after another when she stumbles upon a shattering truth: a twin sister named Marley.
Maisey’s obsession with solving the mystery of her sister forces her to examine her darkest memories and triggers a custody battle with Elle’s father. Will Maisey’s love for her daughter be strong enough to break a cycle of abuse and create a new beginning for them all? (Goodreads)
My Thoughts...
This is the first time I've read a book by this author, Kerry Anne King. I'm kinda on the fence as how I feel about this book. It started out and drew me into the story, but as the story went on it just seemed unrealistic. It was a rather dark story, which I thought would get better as it went on, but it took until the last chapter and the ending before it got a bit of light into the story. I found that to little to late. Maybe she is planning on writing a sequel, I don't think so, but what do I know? I know this if she does I won't be reading it. 
I borrowed this book from Kindle to read for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment