Thursday, August 22, 2019

"Starting Over"

I'm starting over! I took a year or two off from blogging, so decided to try it again. I never gave up reading, just gave up reviewing. It was beginning to feel like a job, and when I started blogging in 2007, I did it just for fun and entertainment. 

Since I love reading, what better thing can I do, but go back to keeping track of my reading and my thoughts about the books I read. I try to be as honest as I can about my thoughts after I read a book. I don't give out many 5 stars when I finish reading a book. It isn't that the storyline isn't interesting, it's because there are things I don't care for in the book. It may be to many details, to much descriptive narrative, to much graphic description 0f violence, sex....like I said I like a good storyline. I feel all the extras is just filler and unnecessary.


This year I've been busy, I started out the year by de-cluttering my home. After I read this book.

 That felt really good! Did a little crocheting with the yarn I found while cleaning out my closets. I made two afghans out of the yarn I found. Gave one to my daughter, and the other one my husband claimed. 

July 22, I started my eye surgery, I had my first cataract removed on my right eye, and on  August 6 I had the other eye taken care of. So now I'm just waiting until they are healed and get fitted for glasses again. I can't wait for my new glasses, maybe then I can get back to my normal reading. Here it is August 22 and I have only read 66 books this year. My old eyes just can't take hours of reading like they use to. But hopefully things will get better in 2020.



This month since my eyes aren't in the best shape I've been reading this Chicken Soup...  book. It has bigger print than most of my books, therefore,  when my eyes get tired of reading small print this is my go to book. I just finished it yesterday.  This week I've also been reading a Karen White book, "The Night The Lights Went Out." I've never read this author before, but so far the book is interesting, but as I said it has smaller print, so I don't read it for very long, maybe an hour at the most.  


Yesterday I downloaded this bundle of books  onto my Kindle. I love reading on my Kindle because I can make the font large, so much easier on my eyes. I read the first book in the bundle by Suzanne Jenkins, titled "Law of April". It was a cute little story about April and her goal was to go to law school, and nothing, not even a gorgeous boss and his promises could sway her to give it up. Ryan, her boss, did everything in his power to influence her, including falling in love at first sight. Would it be enough to capture her heart? It was a fun read, I'm always drawn to these Cinderella stories with HEA endings. Now off to My Reading Corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment