Monday, February 2, 2015

"Ever After"

In a wonderfully unpredictable tale of adventure, romance and a goodly bit of humour, Ever After tells the story of a princess who is trapped in a tower by her over protective father. The princess must escape the tower and choose between love and duty. And when one thinks this is the end, the tale takes a turn and the princess finds herself on an unconventional path to happily ever after. 

“With a shout from the queen, a hoot from the major, a joyous giggle from the good king … the long awaited princess finally arrived ...”


In an unpredictable world where birds deliver babies, wise turtles live deep in the earth and grasshoppers advise the queen, the new-born and highly indignant princess finds herself trapped in a luxurious tower by the over protective king.


Soon after her seventeenth birthday, growing bored of trinkets, baubles and sparkling diamonds, she decides to rebel and win back her freedom. Her father relents and allows her to venture outside the tower, but only if she is accompanied by the royal entourage comprising of guards, doctors, nurses, maids, a cook, an elephant, as well as a military tank complete with a powerful cannon.


Just when she thinks she is beginning to understand the world outside the tower, she sees him moving amongst the crowd, and her entire world tilts on its axis and the tale takes an unexpected turn...


My Thoughts...

First off I need to say I am not a fan of the fantasy genre...Now I have read a few books by this author Anya Wylde, and they were fun and funny, so when she ask me to read and review her new novella I immediately replied with a loud "YES" I would love to read your new book. What a surprise awaited me....

I'm not sure if this is to be a fairy tale, fantasy, or what genre it falls under. I must say I really didn't enjoy it like I did her other books. So sorry, Anya but this was just not my cup of tea. 

 Since I didn't really care much for the book I will  only be awarding it 2 "Ever After" stars.

My thanks to the author, Anya Wylde for gifting this novella to me to read and give an honest review.

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers and authors I am under no obligation to write a positive review.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your honest review of this novella.
    Your blog header is lovely, Gigi Ann!

    ReplyDelete