Friday, August 25, 2017

"Murder of a Good Man"

When Nora Alexander arrives in Piney Woods, Texas, to fulfill her dying mother’s last wish, she has no idea what awaits her. First she is run off the road, then the sealed letter she delivers turns out to be a scathing rebuke to the town’s most beloved citizen and favored candidate for Piney Woods Pioneer: Adam Brockwell. Next thing you know, Adam has been murdered in a nasty knife attack. Suspicion instantly falls on Nora, one of the last people to see him alive. After all, everyone in Piney Woods loved him. Or did they? Nora learns that her mother had a complicated past she never shared with her daughter. 

Told not to leave town by Tuck the flirty sheriff, Nora finds a job with Tuck’s Aunt Marty trying to get the rundown Tunie Hotel back in the black. The old hotel was Piney Woods’ heart and soul in its heyday as an oil boomtown. Now the secrets it harbors may be the key to getting Nora off the hook. She’s going to need to solve the mystery quickly to avoid arrest, or worse: becoming the killer’s next victim.


Book 1 in the Piney Woods Mystery series.


My Thoughts...

I haven't read a cozy mystery for a while, but this book showed me why I love cozies. It was a wonderful cozy read with a lot more going on than just a murder investigation. It is full of some great characters, and is not so devoted to solving the mystery that it forgets to be about the people. I really liked that the characters were well developed and likable, that made it such a delightful story to read. A real page turner for me from the beginning to the end. 

This is the first book I've read by this author, Teresa Trent, and I do believe I've found another favorite author. I know I will be reading more of her Piney Woods Mystery Series. I'm looking forward to reading Book 2 in the series.

I would like to thank the publishers for providing this book for me to read and give an honest review. 

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers and authors, I am under no obligation to write a positive review.

Paperback256 pages
Expected publication: January 15th 2018 by Camel Press

ISBN
1603816356 (ISBN13: 9781603816359)
Edition Language
English

1 comment:

  1. Gigi Ann, I'm glad you enjoyed this Piney Woods Mystery so much! It sounds wonderful. I've been away but am now back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete