Friday, January 18, 2013

"Rally 'Round The Corpse" Book Tour

“Abel Adventures” is a brand new mystery series, penned by Hy Conrad, writer and producer of the landmark TV show “Monk.”
Publisher: Seven Realms Publishing, May 29, 2012
Category: Mystery
Tour Dates: January, 2013
Available in: Print, Kindle, Nook, Sony ereader, & iTunes, 348 pages
In the series debut, “Rally ‘Round the Corpse,” we meet Amy Abel, two years after the death of her fiancé.
Amy needs a fresh start.  And what better way for a shy, risk-averse woman to start over than to sink her savings into a travel agency specializing in adventure.  Her first project?  A mystery road rally through the European countryside.
At the starting line in Monte Carlo, Amy finds herself attracted to Marcus Alvarez, the most mysterious of her two dozen game-loving clients.  But the rally gets off to a rocky start when an eccentric writer, the only person who knows the game’s solution, is himself murdered back in New York.
Weird accidents begin happening along the route and Amy discovers that this fictional mystery was based on a real, unsolved case, one that Marcus knows too much about.  Now she has no choice but to join forces with Fanny, her domineering mother, before the killer strikes again.

This is the first book I've read by this author, Hy Conrad, and I was not disappointed. It was a uniquely different kind of mystery, a mystery within a mystery, so to speak.  I think all mystery enthusiasts will enjoy reading this book. It had humor, suspense, and a bit of romance thrown in. 

This book was send to me by the author, Hy Conrad, for me to read for this book tour, and give an honest review.


Thanks Mr. Conrad for a few days of fun, and entertaining reading. He took me on a journey to Italy which I thoroughly enjoyed. Even though I've never been to Italy, I felt at times like I was there with the tour group. Mr. Conrad peaked my interest about  "The Capuchin Chapel" so I googled it to read more about it and it's history, which I found quite interesting if not a bit morbid.

A special thanks to "Virtual Author Book Tours" for inviting me to be a part of this book tour.
I did not receive any type of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers and authors, I am under no obligation to write a positive review.

5 comments:

  1. This does sound very good! I'd love a "trip" to Italy in this manner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Rally ‘Round the Corpse too :) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in the tour. I'm so glad you enjoyed Rally Round the Corpse"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann -- thank you so much for reviewing my book. Your site is great fun. I hope you'll review my next one, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading this one right now and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete