Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Fall Into Reading 2010" October 19, 2010

I am coming along very well in my "Fall Into Reading 2010" I now have 7 of my 12 books read.


This meme comes to us from Katrina, at Callapidder Days. This week question is:


Do you ever dog-ear the corners of book pages to mark your spot? Or are you a faithful bookmark user, refusing to damage the pages of your books? OR do you have another way to keep track of where you are in a book?


NEVER, NEVER! do I dog-ear the corners of my books, or anybody else's books for that matter. I am a diehard faithful bookmark user, I have a lot of bookmarks.  I always tell my friends if they are going to buy me a present, I can make it real easy for them, buy me a bookmark! 


When I buy a new book, the first thing I do is put a bookmark in it. I usually buy a bookmark when I buy the book. I also add a little post-it tab to mark where I left off reading,  I have friends who sometimes borrow my books, therefore they always have a bookmark to use.  I just recently borrowed a book from the library, and so many corners were dog-earred it was annoying,  I guess you could say it is one of my little idiosyncrasies. 


What about you? Do your books have dog-eared pages or are they pristine due to your commitment to using bookmarks?

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you...dog-ear unheard of!!!. I thought it was only me that when a new book is purchased that it is a given that a new bookmark should be bought too.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for that.
    cheer up,
    best things always come from something unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned over corners, argh bad people. I have bookmarks but tend to use anything to hand. Sometimes in second hand books you find people who have done the same. The Age of Uncertainty blog seems to find a lot of photographs in his.

    ReplyDelete