Monday, July 19, 2010

"Musing Mondays"


This week’s musing asks…
What does your bookshelf (or, what do your bookshelves) say about you to the people who come into your home?
I think they would realize I enjoy reading, it is something I have enjoyed all my life.


I guess the first thing people would notice, I like Reader's Digest Condensed Books. When I was a young mother I didn't have as much time for reading as I do now, so every few months I would get my book in the mail. I now find them at yard sales and second hand bookstores. I like them because they introduce me to a lot of new authors I would never read otherwise. Also, I think they would probably notice my book shelf is very disorganized. I like a variety of genres, from cozy mysteries, light romance,  Jane Austen, to books about pets. And they would definitely  notice that I am a Debbie Macomber fan, I think I have more books by her than any other author.  They would notice my audio books, which I never seem to have time to listen to. Well, I guess that about sums it up, like I said my bookshelves are quite a disorganized mess, but it's my mess, and I like it that way.


What does your bookshelves say about you? 

6 comments:

  1. Great answer!! Love the comment "it is my mess"...good attitude.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sort of "that's my story and I'm sticking to it". Way to go, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's intriguing, isn't it? Having to reflect on our books like this...I can almost tell what "era" my books represent to me by the shelves they're on. I have older ones on the old shelves, with all those books from "back in the day," and then the newer ones are on those shelves I've added. Then there are the floor stacks.

    Here's my musing:

    http://meditationsbylaurelrain.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/musing-mondays-2/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when someone comes in and really takes a look at the books I have - sometimes they are surprised by what they see!

    Here's my musing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Hmmm. . .my bookshelves probably tell others that I could be a bit more organized. I try--but I have so many books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How's your house? Just kidding. I love memoirs and books on writing, so I guess people would realize I'm writing a memoir.

    ReplyDelete