Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Booking Through Thursday" June 17, 2010


Now Or Then? June 17, 2010

btt button
Do you prefer reading current books? Or older ones? Or outright old ones? (As in, yes, there’s a difference between a book from 10 years ago and, say, Charles Dickens or Plato.)

What do I prefer?  When it comes to reading, there are current books, I like to read. I don't always get them read when they are current. However, they are on my bookshelf waiting to be read. So as time goes by, I guess you could say they become older books, 1-5 years old, no longer being current. But, they do get read in time.


I have some Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, and a C.S. Forester book to be read. so I guess they would fall under 'outright old books' to be read. But I have to be in an 'outright old book' frame of mind, before I read them. For some reason I like reading them in the winter time.


So, I guess, now that I have thought about it, I prefer..... more current books to read.


What do you prefer to read?

7 comments:

  1. That's like me! A book may be current when I get it, but by the time I read it, it is old. :)

    Here is my answer on Rose City Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to read a lot of best sellers, I will read what interests me no matter the "age" of the book. :)

    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There, Social Frog,

    Thanks for coming by, enjoyed your comment. Stop by anytime.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both. My favourite is Jane Austen, I can read her stuff over and over again. Can't get away with Dickens though.
    The current series I'm into is Patrick O'Brian's historical naval novels. I'm learning so much about ships and the world from them and the characters have such depth. To be truthful they're not really current. He wrote them over thirty years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer current books, too, but I'm the same way - sometimes my "new" books become older books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Momma, I like current reads.. Like everyone one else you included, they may become older until I get to them..
    Bye now, I love you..

    ReplyDelete