Tuesday, February 28, 2017

"Sweet Lake Book Tour"


Linnie Wayfair knows just how many people are counting on her. But knowing doesn’t make doing any easier.

Everyone in Sweet Lake, Ohio, wants her to muster all her business sense and return the Wayfair Inn to its former glory. Her parents hope she’ll forgive her scoundrel of a brother and reconcile the family. The eccentric Sweet Lake Sirens want her to open the inn—and her heart—to new possibilities. And her hilarious lifelong friends Jada and Cat are dropping none-too-subtle hints for her to ignite a romance with Daniel Kettering, the sexy attorney who’s been pining for her for years…

Now a shocking turn of events will open old wounds and upend the world Linnie has carefully built. She has to make changes quickly—and the results, though not entirely what she expected, might be what she’s been yearning for all along.


My Thoughts...

I always know I can depend on Christine Nolfi to satisfy me when I want some "Comfort Food Reading." And she didn't disappoint me this time either.

The story is about family, friendship, with a few whimsical characters thrown in the mix. Some characters are likable, with a few unlikable, as well. But to keep the story interesting we need the unlikable ones, they keep the story lively.

It was a delightful treat to be able to set down these last few days and read such an entertaining story. I especially liked this book because even though it was a feel-good story with some romance in the story. (PG) I found it refreshing to read a good storyline that didn't rely on bedroom roll-arounds to sell the story. Give me a good clean storyline, and I will continue to read your novels.

A Thank You to Christine Nolfi for providing this ARC copy of "Sweet Lake." I enjoyed it enough to award it 5 Sweet Stars*****

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers and authors, I am under no obligation to write a positive review.


A Note About Christine Nolfi...
Some writers are gifted with an unusual life and I’m certainly one of those. I’ve lived in Ohio, Virginia, California, Utah and now South Carolina. In college I was featured on the front page of the Houston Post for a lark that erased all my debt. I met my four adopted children for the first time in the sweltering heat of the tropics. I helped build several companies and was lucky enough to earn a living doing what I love best–writing–in a PR firm I owned.

In 2004 I made the wisest and most irrational decision of my life–I began writing fiction full-time. All those years of hard work pay off daily in sweet notes and comments by readers. Please continue the mail, tweets and comments on FaceBook, GoodReads and other sites. I cherish your support and love chatting with readers.

Paperback304 pages
Expected publication: February 28th 2017 by Lake Union Publishing
ISBN
1503942511 (ISBN13: 9781503942516)
Series

1 comment:

  1. Gigi Ann, this sounds like a wonderful story. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete