Sunday, January 15, 2017

"Unleashing Mr. Darcy"

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman teetering on the verge of thirty must be in want of a husband.

Not true for Manhattanite Elizabeth Scott. Instead of planning a walk down the aisle, she's crossing the pond with the only companion she needs; her darling dog, Bliss. Caring for a pack of show dogs in England seems the perfect distraction from the scandal that ruined her teaching career, and her reputation, in New York. 


What she doesn't count on is an unstoppable attraction to billionaire dog breeder Donovan Darcy. The London tycoon's a little bit arrogant, a whole lot sexy, and the chemistry between them is disarming. When passion is finally unleashed, might Elizabeth hope to take home more than a blue ribbon?

My Thoughts...

It is a truth...that I am always drawn to a story supposably based on a Jane Austen Novel.  The story started off  alright, and had a rather cute twist to the story, wherein, Elizabeth loves her show dog Bliss, and showing him in the dog shows. Mr. Darcy was the doggy Judge, and that is how they met.

However, a little over half way through the book, the sexual attraction went a bit to far. Jane Austen would never have written such sexual scenes in any of her books. That ruined the story for me. 

However, one of the reasons I read this book was because Hallmark made a movie based on this book: "Unleashing Mr. Darcy" and I always like to read the book first before I watch the movie. Well, yesterday I finished the book and this afternoon I watched the movie. I found it on Youtube of all places! Let me say right now the movie was nothing like the book in all its sexual exploits. The movie was a good fun, clean family movie, nothing like the book. So, the movie I would award 4 stars****, the book I would only award 2 stars.**

This book is a part of my Nook Library.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your honest review of this book, Gigi Ann. Interesting that the movie was tamer than the book!

    ReplyDelete