Sunday, March 6, 2016

"Willow Brook Road"


Spirited, spontaneous Carrie Winters has grown up under the watchful eyes of not only her grandfather Mick O'Brien, but the entire town of Chesapeake Shores.

Now that she's home from Europe, a glamorous fashion career behind her and her heart broken, there seem to be far too many people watching to see if she'll live up to the expectations her family has for her.

As if that weren't enough pressure, Carrie finds herself drawn to sexy, grief-stricken Sam Winslow, who is yearning for someone to help him raise the nephew who's unexpectedly come into his life after a tragedy.

With her own life in turmoil, is Carrie really ready to take on a new career and a new man? Or is Sam exactly what she needs to create the strong, loving family she's always wanted?


My Thoughts....

This is the 13th book in this Chesapeake Shore series. I have read 4 or 5 books in the series, but lost interest after a while. Well a few weeks ago, I received this book along with another book, as a part of a free gift for me. I love free gifts especially if they are books. 

It was not difficult to follow the story line even if I missed a lot of the other books in the series. The writing is basicly the same. The O'Brien family is still growing, and just as annoying as in all the other books. Only difference in this story then the ones before... are now the next generation is grown and starting their lives with all the angst that always surrounded the first generation of O'Briens. It becomes tiring sometimes reading about everyone sticking their nose into everyone else's business. I know it is part of the family relationships, but after a while I say: "Move on, enough is enough!"

It was pretty predictable from beginning to the end, boy meets girl, a few ups and downs in between, and finally a "Happily Ever After" ending. The one Pro of this book which I appreciated was the romance was light-hearted. No X-rated romance. My favorite kind of romance novels.

This book is now a part of my personal library and I decided to award it 3 "Willow" stars.

2 comments:

  1. Gigi Ann,thank you for your sincere review of the 13th book in this series. I enjoyed reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl Woods always makes me cry with her stories. Thanks for your review, Gigi Ann.

    ReplyDelete