Wednesday, February 24, 2016

"His Wife for a While"


Desperate Bachelor

Ben Danvers was about to lose everything―unless he found a woman willing to become his wife. The terms of his grandfather's will were outrageous, but they were iron clad. Just when Ben was about to give up all hope, the last woman he ever expected to wed made a startling proposal.

Bargaining Bride

Chelsea Carson offered Ben a deal he couldn't refuse. He could keep the family fruit orchard if he would make her one and only dream come true. But there were to be no strings attached, no messy emotions when it was over. Their makeshift marriage would be perfect―unless Chelsea allowed love to bungle the plan.

Donna Fasano wrote for Harlequin™ for over 20 years, publishing 32 novels that sold over 3.5 million copies worldwide. Her books have won awards and made best-seller lists. She loves to hear from readers; contact information can be found on the title pages of her books.


My Thoughts...


February 24, 2015. I usually don't re-read books, but this morning having trouble sleeping, I decided to listen to the audio version of the book. I found I liked the audio book very much. I actually hadn't realized I had read the book two years ago, until I went to Goodread to write my thoughts about the book.


It was just a sweet little romantic story about a boy and a girl finding their way to love. It was a fast moving story, and not a lot of filler added to the story, which is just fine with me. I prefer a good storyline to a lot of unnecessary filler. 


Ms. Fasano wrote this feel-good, fun light romantic story, with a bit of a twist to it. They got married first and fell in love later, which was nice for a change. I found Chelsea a bit  of a pain, but in the end all turned out happily-ever-after.

Like the old song says: "Love is better the second time around" and that is how I found this book, better the second time around. I enjoyed it enough to award it 4 "Second Time Around" stars.

This book is a part of my Kindle Audible library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment