Friday, January 8, 2016

"The Incredible Journey"

Instinct told them that the way home lay to the west. And so the doughty young Labrador retriever, the roguish bull terrier and the indomitable Siamese set out through the Canadian wilderness. 

Separately, they would soon have died. But, together, the three house pets faced starvation, exposure, and wild forest animals to make their way home to the family they love. The Incredible Journey is one of the great children's stories of all time--and has been popular ever since its debut in 1961.

My Thoughts...

I had a hankering to read a vintage book, so found on my vintage bookshelf this book, "The Incredible Journey". The copyright was 1960. It was an 'incredible' story! A beautiful story so moving that it stays in the mind long after the last page. It is a gem to be treasured! And if the story is about dogs and a cat of course this dog and cat lover is going to love it. 

Added to the excitement of the story is the fact that it also became a Walt Disney movie, which after finishing the book this afternoon I decided to watch the movie. Thanks to "Youtube" I found the movie and enjoyed the movie as much as the book. It followed the book very closely, which was surprising. Because as I was reading the book, I wondered how will they be able to make this scene in the movie? Well, watching the movie I found out how they did it. What an enjoyable afternoon I had today...

I enjoyed the book and the movie so much I decided to award them both 5 'incredible' stars...

This book is a part of my personal vintage library.

1 comment:

  1. Gigi Ann, I'm glad you enjoyed this book, and the movie. My kids loved the 1993 movie version of this, and called it "The Sassy movie".

    ReplyDelete