Monday, November 2, 2015

"The Sun Also Shines for me"


Mary Bennet, having been overshadowed her whole life by her sisters, is now seeking her place in the sun by pursuing a life that will be uniquely her own. As she sets out, she gains a ready companion in Georgiana Darcy, who wishes to assist her. Shy Georgiana also sees in this a way to withdraw from the uncomfortable light of attention from young men seeking to marry into the Darcy name and money.

"The Sun Also Shines For Me" follows Mary and Georgiana into London during The Season, a time for men and women alike to meet someone to marry. However, our two heroines have come to London for reasons altogether different. Are they going to discover what they are looking for? Will Mary's attempt to step from the shadows into the light be successful? Will Georgiana find that running from one thing leads her headlong into something quite unexpected? Or is the society of the time so stacked against two young ladies with interests beyond balls and dinner parties that they are stifled in their pursuits?

Come join these two girls in this exploit and find your own reasons to laugh and cry with them along the way to realizing that the sun truly shines for both of them.
    


My Thoughts...

What I found interesting about this book based on Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" is this is a story about the middle sister Mary Bennett. Not a whole lot was written about her in the book,  P & P, just that she loved reading and always had a quote for almost any occasion, and she loved to play the piano and sing at gatherings, even tho she was a bit immature at that stage in her life. This story enlarges on these qualities now a few years later in her life.

The only problem I had was... it started a bit slow for me, but as the story moved on the pace picked up and drew me right into the story.  I enjoyed learning more about Georgiana as she overcame some of her shyness, and came out of her shell. And the new character, Alice was an interesting character next to the other two, the three of them completed each other. 

A big THANK YOU!!! to the authors, Noe and Cindy for gifting this book to me to read and give an honest review. I enjoyed it enough to award it 4  "Sunny" Stars.

This book is part of my Nook Library.

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers and authors I am under no obligation to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment