Friday, October 30, 2015

"Wildflower"

Award-winning actress Drew Barrymore shares funny, insightful, and profound stories from her past and present told from the place of happiness she's achieved today.
 
Wildflower is a portrait of Drew's life in stories as she looks back on the adventures, challenges, and incredible experiences of her earlier years. It includes tales of living on her own at 14 (and how laundry may have saved her life), getting stuck in a gas station overhang on a cross country road trip, saying goodbye to her father in a way only he could have understood, and many more adventures and lessons that have led her to the successful, happy, and healthy place she is today. It is the first book Drew has written about her life since the age of 14.


My Thoughts...

Before reading this book, just remember Drew lived a much different life style than most people. At 14 years of age the courts granted her the right to live on her own as an adult. She had no adult supervision from that age on, she was on her own. Therefore, if you are looking for a tell all book, this is not the book for you.

It is not a memoir 'per se' but a collection of stories of her life. I found it interesting and entertaining. I read it in parts of three days, however, it could be read much quicker. The problem with a book I am enjoying is that I want to finish the book, but I don't want to finish the book. So I only read a part of it for the last three days so it would last longer. That is just one of my idiosyncrasies, I'm funny that way...Anyway, I enjoyed this book enough to award it 4 "Wildflower" stars.

This book is part of my Kindle library.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Drew's book, Gigi Ann. She must have been a mature 14-year-old!

    ReplyDelete