Wednesday, November 19, 2014

"The Female Factory"


In 1804, two sisters in England are separated after the death of their parents by a wicked aunt. The oldest sister, Ivy, is placed in servitude while the younger sister, Bridget, is arrested for stealing bread during her attempt to find her sister. She is shipped off to a British colony, New South Wales where she is placed in a Female Factory. The Rum Rebellion was brewing. The British colony was facing a change of leadership and one woman's jealousy nearly destroys any chance the sisters will find one another. This is a story of love, devotion and determination by two young women and the story of all those they touched.

This was a very interesting historical fiction novel which I very much enjoyed. This is the debut novel by this author, Pamala J. Johnson. It was an enjoyable read and I enjoyed it enough to award it 5 "historical" stars, and would recommend it to my friends to read and enjoy also.

This book is part of my Nook library.


Pamala J. Johnson


I'm a wife, mother, realtor, writer and minister. I have always had a vivid imagination and now I am putting it down for all to see.
I was born and  raised in the southern part of the United States, mostly in Texas. I graduated from Hitchcock High School in Hitchcock, Texas in  1972. I was married shortly afterwards to my loving husband of 42 years this July 2014 and shortly, thereafter moved to Iowa where we raised our children. We have three children we raised and a beautiful granddaughter, Kioku.

During our 41 years in Iowa, I worked in the medical field, in different sales positions including real estate and two small newspapers.

I have sold real estate since 1994 in Iowa and Texas with a passion, but my first true love is writing. I hope as you read the publications I have made available, you will find them interesting and in the end you say,  "Ahh, that was a good story!" And then.....recommend it to a friend!

2 comments: