Monday, December 2, 2013

"Morning Glory"


Since her debut, Sarah Jio has enchanted listeners with her signature brand of romantic suspense. Her previous novel, Blackberry Winter, was an immediate New York Times bestseller - perfectly positioning Morning Glory to reach even greater heights.

 Sarah Jio imagines life on Boat Street, a floating community on Seattle’s Lake Union—home to people of artistic spirit who for decades protect the dark secret of one startling night in 1959
 
Fleeing an East Coast life marred by tragedy, Ada Santorini takes up residence on houseboat number seven on Boat Street. She discovers a trunk left behind by Penny Wentworth, a young newlywed who lived on the boat half a century earlier. Ada longs to know her predecessor’s fate, but little suspects that Penny’s mysterious past and her own clouded future are destined to converge.


My Thoughts...

This is not the first book I've read by Sarah Jio, but I must say I have loved them all.

"Morning Glory" is a story of sadness, maternal love, a bit of romance and mystery wrapped up in one wonderful story that happened over 50 years earlier. It is beautifully told, exploring the past to find the satisfying conclusion to the mystery of many years ago. It goes back and forth from the present to the past. Keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering what will happen next.... 

This was a fast and emotional story. I didn't want to put the book down until the last page, and than I didn't want it to end, I wanted more...but that will have to wait until her next book is published. I can't wait, Sarah Jio has become one of my top five favorite authors.

I liked this book so much I awarded it 5 "Morning Glory" blossoms.

This book is part of my Nook and Kindle libraries. I hadn't realized that I had pre-ordered it on both e-readers. Silly me....

3 comments:

  1. Lovely review! I have The Last Camellia by this author, which I look forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound good. And buying books on e-readers is the same as buying print copies, readers forget and double buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard such good things about this book!

    ReplyDelete