Sunday, November 3, 2013

"I Left My Heart"


1. A Friend or Two

Elizabeth Wainwright, an East Coast heiress in disguise, takes a job waitressing at a Fisherman's Wharf café, eager to live a simpler life. One day Andrew Breed—handsome, mysterious and charismatic—walks in. He says he's a longshoreman, but his words and actions don't quite add up. Is Elizabeth falling in love with someone who's pretending to be something other than he claims? Is Andrew?

2. No Competition

Local architect Shayne Reynolds is an art collector, but when it comes to Carrie Lockett he's as interested in the artist as he is in her California landscapes and stunning portraits. The talented and reclusive Carrie, however, rejects his overtures, but she won't tell him why…even though he knows she returns his feelings.


My Thoughts...

Debbie Macomber is one of my favorite authors, and what could be more fun than finding a book of hers that is two books in one...yes that's right, two books, two books in one!

These stories were light-hearted romance, delightfully fluffy and fun. Sometimes my mind becomes light and fluffy like  dandelion seeds, blown about by a stiff breeze. I like to read something fun and fluffy at those times just like those dandelion seeds. Well, these books fit the bill. They were fun light romance and fluffy fast reads.

I enjoyed them enough to award them 3 stars. This book is a part of my personal library, and one more book off of my TBR pile.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,

    Since I started blogging and making so many great new international friends, Debbie Macomber is a name which crops up time and again.

    I have her on my list, although as yet I haven't got around to trying any of her books.

    They are available here in the UK, much more widely it would seem than they ever used to be, so I really don't have any excuse.

    'Fluffy' books are good for us all sometimes, although I do have to say that I couldn't read this type of thing all the time.

    I am so glad that you enjoyed your 'double helping' and hope that you have a good week,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two books are better than one! These both sound like enjoyable, "fluffy" reads, Gigi Ann. I like your image of the dandelion seeds, drifting in the wind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound like enjoyable, fluffy reads!

    ReplyDelete