Sunday, September 15, 2013

"The New Crown"

Julietta the Carpenter can build almost anything using wood, metal or fabric. Her skills are put to the test when she runs afoul of her corrupt King. This new fairy tale introduces a resourceful heroine to the boys and girls of today.

I recently read and reviewed Mr. Sandberg's book "Candy and the Cankersaur"  and found it a delightful book. I again found this book "The New Crown" a delightful and fun book to read also. The pictures that go along with the story are fantastic and makes the story as sweet as cotton candy, a fun book to read with your children or grandchildren. 

I read this charming story in about 10-15 minutes. As a bedtime story Picture Book it's aimed for children ages 3-6. As a read-alone Picture Book it's appropriate for children aged 6-9. There are a few difficult words and phrases, but that's alright. It will help the parents and child to have a discussion about those words and phrases. What do they mean, and how do they fit into the story? 

My thanks to the author, Jason Sandberg, who provided this book for me to read and give an honest review. Thank you for this charming book. (I was won over) The book send me back to my childhood, and I felt like a young princess again. My favorite fairy tale is "Cinderella" so I love reading cute little fairy tales. They keep me young at heart, and I liked this book so much I awarded it 5 stars.

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers and authors, I am under no obligation to write a positive review.

1 comment:

  1. This does look like a charming book! I hope to read and review it soon as well.

    ReplyDelete