Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"Lady Justice and The Book Club Murders"


Members of the Midtown Book Club are found murdered.

It is just the beginning of a series of deaths that lead Walt and Ox into the twisted world of a serial killer.


In the late 1960's, the Zodiac Killer claimed to have killed 37 people and was never caught --- the perfect crime.


Oscar Roach, dreamed of being the next serial killer to commit the perfect crime. He left a calling card with each of his victims --- a mystery novel, resting in their blood-soaked hands. 
The media dubbed him 'The Librarian'.

Walt and the Kansas City Police are baffled by the cunning of this vicious killer and fear that he has indeed committed the perfect crime. Or did he?

Walt and his wacky senior cohorts prove, once again, that life goes on in spite of the carnage around them. The perfect blend of murder, mayhem and merriment.


My Thoughts...

This is not the first book I've read in this "Lady Justice" series, by Robert Thornhill. This one happens to be the tenth in the series. I think I've read them out of order which I find myself doing when I read books in a series. I just don't pay attention to what order they were written. Anyway, I enjoy the series and it is a fun series to read. 

This book kind of reminded me of the old TV show "Columbo". (I'm telling my age) It is a fast moving thriller about a serial killer who thinks he is committing the perfect crimes, and the police will never find out who he is. We the readers know who is committing the murders. So, now we follow along with Walt Williams and his Kansas City Police Department partner, Ox, as they are called upon to help solve a string of murders that appear to be the work of a serial killer. After each murder the killer leaves behind a book of a murder mystery. Therefore the media began calling him "The Librarian."

I enjoyed it enough on this hot, hot day to award it 5 stars. This book is part of my Kindle library. I would like to thank the author, Robert Thornhill, for bringing it to my attention.

4 comments:

  1. Makes me curious about the motives in this thriller...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great and I remember Columbo!! Peter Falk right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 stars! This sounds like a thrilling thriller! Terrific review, Gigi Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say "hello" as I was thinking it's been a while since we "spoke." I could not find your e-mail address, but I saw your reviews in Goodreads. I know how much you love to read.

    ReplyDelete