Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"The Dream You Make"


Each day Annie McDaniel’s dream of a brighter future slips further away.

After her nephew’s world is destroyed in a burst of gunfire, Annie receives temporary custody of five-year-old Dillon. Now the greenhouse she managed with her late father isn’t bringing in enough money. If she doesn’t get her financial house in order, a judge will allow a couple in Baltimore to adopt Dillon—and remove him from her life forever.

Desperate, she takes on a second job at Rowe Marketing. The instant attraction she shares with Michael Rowe is a circumstance Annie can’t risk. But should she walk away from a love sure to last a lifetime? 

Fresh, heartwarming and inspiring, The Dream You Make reveals that hope always carries the promise of new beginnings.


My Thoughts...

I was drawn into the story right from the first sentence, the more I read of the story the more I liked it. There were quirky characters, but more than that the story had a depth that made it more than a romance novel.

This was a heartwarming, fun, emotional, yes a few tears came to my eyes once or twice, but a few times I found myself laughing out loud as I read this book. 

This was the first book I've read by Christine, and I must say it kept me reading into the wee small hours of the morning. (Well, having insomnia helped ; ) Therefore, I guess I could say this book helped me make it through the night. That being said, it was still  a page turner for me. I really did struggle putting it down once I started reading it.

I liked it so much I awarded it 4****. Thanks to the author, Christine Nolfi, for alerting me to your book, otherwise I never would have found it.

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers and authors, I am under no obligation to write a positive review.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this book, Gigi Ann! I will keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete