Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"Mai Tai One On"


Six months ago, if anyone would have told Em Johnson she'd end up divorced, broke, and running the dilapidated Tiki Goddess Bar on the magical North Shore of Kauai she would have told them to shove a swizzle stick up their okole.

As if all that isn't bad enough, when an obnoxious neighbor with a grudge is found dead in the Goddess luau pit, suspicion falls on Em and the rest of the Goddess staff. With the help of a quirky dance troupe of over-the-hill Hula Maidens, Em and the cast of characters must ban together to find the killer and solve the mystery before the next pupu party.


My Thoughts...

After reading two books that were not favorites of mine, I decided to read this cozy mystery, and what a refreshing surprise this story was. It drew me right into the story from the very first line: "They would have found the body sooner if it hadn't been two-for-one Mai Tai Night...."

It was fun and sometimes silly, but delightfully charming, especially the 'quirky dance troupe of over-the-hill Hula Maidens' I can just picture them in my mind, as I read about their out of step dancing...The book was a fast read for a  sunny afternoon of fun reading on your favorite beach. Oh! if only I could have been reading this on the beaches of Kauai, Hawaii, with a Mai Tai or two or three, by my side,  the tradewinds sweeping along the beach keeping me cozy and cool, my favorite kind of memory.

Even though this book is the first book in a series it is also a stand alone book as well. This book is part of my Kindle library, I liked it and therefore awarded it 4**** 

1 comment:

  1. The opening line would have drawn me in as well! Great review, Gigi Ann. This sounds like a fun "cozy" to read and relax with, preferably at the beach.

    ReplyDelete