Saturday, February 9, 2013

"Penelope" My Thoughts


Leaving behind the rural charms of Finnshire, Miss Penelope Fairweather arrives in London with hope in her heart and a dream in her eye. The dowager, no less, has invited her for a season in London, where she will attempt to catch a husband.

Thus begins our heroine's tale as she attempts to tackle the London season with all her rustic finesse. Unfortunately, her rustic finesse turns out to be as delicate as a fat bear trying to rip apart a honeycomb infested with buzzing bees.

What follows is a series of misadventures, love affairs, moonlit balls, fancy clothes, fake moustaches, highwaymen, sneering beauties, pickpockets, and the wrath of a devilishly handsome duke.


My Thoughts...
Not feeling great the last few days, I decided I needed to read a 'feel-good' book. I chose this book "Penelope" by Anya Wylde, and it was just what the doctor ordered. (Of course, Me being my own doctor;) 

This story was a light hearted romance, delightfully charming, fun, silly, along with lessons in social blunders. Penelope was given lessons in the social etiquette of the day, but no matter how hard she tried to do the correct things, something always went wrong. I could feel her pain each time something went awry. 

I loved that it was a "G" rated romance, my favorite kind. I also love reading these books that I call my "Cinderella" or "Sweet Mind Candy" happily-ever-after, kind of fairy-tale romance stories.

This book is a part of my Kindle library. I downloaded it while I was reading the authors other book "The Wicked Wager".  Ms. Wylde did offer to supply this book for me to read, but since I already had it on my Kindle, I thanked her for considering me to read it and give my honest review. I enjoyed this book therefore I awarded it 4**** 

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you are a 'no awards' blog. Sorry about that. But I do enjoy reading your blogs. I wanted to let you know that as well. =) I hope you continue to visit me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun, lighthearted book, just what "the doctor ordered"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes light-hearted is just the ticket. This sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a charming romance, I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete