Monday, January 14, 2013

"Musing Mondays"


MizB at Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
This week a book I pre-ordered on my Nook arrived "Kinsey and Me" by Sue Grafton. Since I think I've read all of her ABC series of books, except her "V is for Vengeance" which is on my bookshelf waiting to be read, I just had to have this book with short stories about Sue and Kinsey, the character in all her ABC series. It is the book I am currently reading now.
On my Kindle I received three books, "Short Stories to Tickle Your Funnybone" by Robert Thornhill. "Pink Slips and Glass Slippers" by J.P. Hansen, and "Montana Reunion" by Soraya Lane. The reason I chose these books, is they were all freebies, and they sounded like my kind of reading. 
Recently while meandering through Barnes and Noble, I noticed this book "The Art Of Men (I Prefer Mine al Dente)" by Kirstie Alley. Why did I choose to buy it? Because I have watched Kirstie in movies, and TV shows, on "Dancing With The Stars"  and I always find her quite entertaining, so decided to buy and read her memoir of sorts. I am currently reading this book also, and so far it is an entertaining and fun read.

7 comments:

  1. I also bought Kinsey & Me! I do love her series and can't wait to read this one.

    Kirstie Alley's book is one I must read...thanks for reminding me.

    Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I have every found a good free e-book.
    maybe I am looking in the wrong places..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your reading, Gigi Ann! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I have TONS of good free ebooks. I totally watch for them, I check my wishlist and keep an eye out for authors who announce they are using their KDP days. Plus it helps that I am an Indie Marketing exec and promo person! LOL Do you get the email newsletters? Those are great because they allow you to check out the book, see how many solid reviews from people who have bought them as well as skim them on Goodreads. Yes I am obsessive

    Now it does not help that I am addicted to Kindle free books!

    MUSING MONDAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy reading. Kirstie Alleys book sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to see your review of Kirstie Alley's book. And the Kinsey and Me book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also find Kirsty to be entertaining so that one sounds good. Here's my MM: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/musing-monday/

    ReplyDelete