Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Now You See Her" Review

The perfect life

A successful lawyer and loving mother, Nina Bloom would do anything to protect the life she's built in New York--including lying to everyone, even her daughter, about her past. But when an innocent man is framed for murder, she knows that she can't let him pay for the real killer's crimes. 

The perfect lie

Nina's secret life began 18 years ago. She had looks to die for, a handsome police-officer husband, and a carefree life in Key West. When she learned she was pregnant with their first child, her happiness was almost overwhelming. But Nina's world is shattered when she unearths a terrible secret that causes her to run for her life and change her identity.

The perfect way to die

Now, years later, Nina risks everything she's earned to return to Florida and confront the murderous evil she fled. In a story of wrenching suspense, James Patterson gives us his most head-spinning, action-filled story yet--a Hitchcock-like blend of unquenchable drama and pleasure

My Thoughts...

Leaving my "comfort reading zone" one day while meandering through the bookstore I decided to buy and  read this book by James Patterson. I am more of a cozy mystery reader. However, this book was a page-turner from page one.

 I liked this quote from BookReporter.com "The pages turn so fast that they should be labeled a fire hazard, but even if your copy catches on fire, you won't want to let it go until you've turned the last page." 

The fast paced action keeps you glued to the pages, it is difficult to put the book down and step away from it. What a roller-coaster ride... I just hope I can sleep for the next few nights without locking my bedroom door...

I own this book it is part of my personal library.

1 comment:

  1. Its nice that you left your comfort zone and found a great book. I like that quote from bookreporter too.

    ReplyDelete