Thursday, August 2, 2012

"Booking Through Thursday"


Two questions about selecting your books.
Pooch asks:
Overall, what factor most influences your choice of your next read?
Sefcug asks:
What is it that makes you want to read a book by an author you have never read before?
Since I read for my own entertainment, some months I have a theme that influences my choice of books I will read next. Example...In July I wanted to read Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove series, so most of the books I read in July were books from that series. This month of August my theme is "Jane Austen" therefore, I am reading some short stories by Jane that I've never read before, anything relating to Jane, or anything about Jane. Also this month I will be reading two ARC books and reviewing them. Other than that I will be reading my Jane Austen theme books.


I love reading books by authors I've never read before, because that is a way of finding new authors to enjoy reading.
Mostly I find them by reading reviews by other bookies. Book blogging has made my TBR pile grow in leaps and bounds. Someday, maybe I will get them all read. I keep telling myself..."No more books, read what is on your shelves now." But then I visit another bookies blog...well you know how it works, I just have to have that book!!! 


How about you, are you a moody reader, or do you have an organized way of picking your next read? 

5 comments:

  1. I agree - book blogging can be dangerous to the TBR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am a "moodie" reader but from my requested review pile. I like the idea of your theme months. I agree, since I became involved in this community I have picked up 2 bad habits lol. Unable to say no and adding so many books because of others' recommendations that I wonder if I can even read half of what's on my tbr list during my lifetime. Have a great upcoming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a moodie reader as well, unless of course I have a schedule because of review books due.

    MyBTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a moody reader too. I'm usually reading books due for review. Happy Austen reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post today! The photo is elegant. I can certainly relate to the comments as well.

    ReplyDelete