Monday, April 30, 2012

"Musing Mondays"


This week Miz B at Should Be Reading musing asks…
Do you listen to audiobooks? If not, why not? And, if so, what has been one of your favorites, so far?

Yes I do listen to audiobooks. Sometimes, when I'm not feeling well, or just don't feel like reading I choose to listen to audiobooks. If you look closely at the second shelf on the left  in my header picture you can see that shelf is all audiobooks. Just in the month of April I listened to 3 audiobooks. They were....
1. Sweet Tea at Sunrise, by Sherryl Woods.
2. Where You Belong, by Barbara Taylor Bradford
3. A Long Fatal Love Chase, by Louisa May Alcott.
Of these three, I enjoyed "A Long Fatal Love Chase" by Louisa May Alcott the best. 
It was a story of dark love and passionate obsession that was considered "too sensational" to be published in the authors lifetime, A Long Fatal Love Chase was written for magazine serialization in 1866, two years before the publication of Little Women. Buried among Louisa May Alcott's papers for more than a century, its publication is a literary landmark—a novel that is bold, timeless, and mesmerizing. In 1995, Random House released the novel in a hardbound edition under the title A Long Fatal Love Chase. It became a best-seller, and an audiobook version soon followed. The novel is still in print (September 2007) as a trade paperback from Dell Books.[6] (Wikipedia)  


Do you ever listen to audiobooks? 

10 comments:

  1. I really need to start listening to more audio books. I have a bunch that I've never even opened and they cost so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't...my mind just drifts away. actually in the car, on a long trip, is the only place they ever work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge audiobook listener and have at least four going at once - in the car, kitchen, bathroom and on the iPod!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should listen to audio books but I've never tried it. Great header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listened to them a lot more last year and I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try audio books again. This Musing is inspiring me to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the first yes I have seen other than mine. Here is my MM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do enjoy listening to audios on my way to and from work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed A Long Fatal Love Chase too even though it's not my usual genre. But, I love Louisa May Alcott so I had to give it a go. I blog about Louisa and wrote about this book http://louisamayalcottismypassion.wordpress.com/2011/11/12/a-long-fatal-love-chase-is-definitely-a-guilty-pleasure/

    Love your reading corner, BTW, so inviting!

    ReplyDelete