Monday, March 26, 2012

"Blast From The Past" Musing Monday

This weeks musing at Should Be Reading asks...
Have you ever found a book out of the blue, read it, and then had it be surprisingly good, one that stuck with you for years? If so what book was it?

WOW!! This question took me back many years, about 58 years! When I was in the eighth grade while visiting the school library I checked out a book the title being "Hot Rod." I don't remember much about the book, except it was about young people and a Hot Rod car. What stuck with me about this book is that I really enjoyed reading it, and that book is the book that got me hooked on reading. I have loved reading every since I read that book so long ago.

What book brought back a memory for you?

11 comments:

  1. Wow! This is hard. There are too many! I'll have to think on this and come back! Great question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed. With all the books that you read, that you could remember the story. Me, I just remember the author. BTW..I love your MM button...where are you finding these new icons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww...thats nice that you still remember the book.
    Well, before I reviewed books online and read book reviews/recommendations for reading suggestions, I'd go to the library every two weeks and just randomly chose books to read.
    When I stumbled upon Alice Hoffman's The Ice Queen, she quickly became a favorite author. I also discovered another favorite, Dean Koontz' books at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so cool that you remember that book :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/musing-mondays_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that you remembered something from 58 years ago. I couldn't come up with anything so I passed on this question this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. now the book that got me hooked on reading...gosh I can't remember a time I wasn't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful answer! I can't say that this has ever happened to me (yet) with a specific book, although I've enjoyed many over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it fun to remember and to be able to remember 58 years ago. I hope both of us can continue to remember fun things from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never be able to pick out the book that hooked me as a reader--all books do that! I really enjoyed your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW the first part of mine brought me back 41 years and up to the present with the 2nd part! I love it GREAT answer!
    MUSING MONDAYS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, Ann...I'm back! I decided to choose A Patch of Blue. I read it when I was a very young teen and it was the first book that ever made me cry....it was at the ending...and I cried buckets. Then sometime later the movie came on TV and they ruined it by giving it a happy ending! I just hate it when the movie totally changes a momentous part of a book!!

    ReplyDelete