Monday, February 20, 2012
This week Miz B at Should Be Reading musing asks… What is the last book that you learned something from? What book was it, and what did it teach you?
The last book that I learned something from was the Bible. I was reading about faithful ones of old, Moses, Joshua, Jephthah, Bezalel, Gideon, and Samson. These exemplary servants we read about in the Bible were people with feelings like ours. They had doubts, insecurities, and weaknesses but were made powerful by God's spirit to face challenges. By considering how God's spirit operated on them, we today will be encouraged to continue in our course of faithfulness. We can draw abundant guidance and reassurance from the Bible. God's loving promises fortify our faith and convince us that he really is our Helper.
What was the last book you learned something from?
I found this fun meme at the bookworm's blog and since I like playing these cute little memes thought I would play along today.
1. What's your favorite book to film adaptation? "Emma" by Jane Austen. Love that book and movie.
2. What's the last book you read? The Brass Verdict, by Michael Connelly.
3. Describe yourself using just one word. Gramma.
4. Juice or Soda? Soda, Pepsi.
5. Do you have any pets? Yes, A dog, Joey, a toy poodle, and a cat, Miss Molly.
6. Who is your hero? My Mother.
7. Give me some blogging advice. To try and always visit everyone who visits my blog and leaves a comment. I try to visit them and comment also on their blog.
8. When was the last time you laughed out loud? Yesterday, hubby is always making me LOL.
9. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be? The Grand Canyon, I haven't been there yet.
10. If you could meet any author, dead or living, who would it be? Oh, I don't know, I like Barbara Delinsky's books, so maybe her.
What would you ask them? The old standard question, 'How do you come up with so many different interesting, and thought provoking stories and subjects to write about?"