Tag... I'm It!
I was tagged by McGuffy, at McGuffy's Reader. Thanks, McGuffy.
All games have rules, so here are the rules for this game of tag:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag (eleven) however, I tend to be a rule breaker, so I chose (Four) people, and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
On with the fun...
Eleven (Fun) Facts About Me:
1. As a child I always wanted a white kitty, and one day my mother surprised me with a white kitty, have no idea where she found it.
2. I'm addicted to blogs. I have 10, but only 5 open to the public.
3. I met my husband-to-be on Friday, December 13, 1957.
4. We had a double wedding on July 3, 1958. When the minister asked my husband to repeat after him I take Susan to be my wedded wife, my husband corrected it, and said he takes Anna to be his wedded wife. Of course Susan, her husband and I just stood there and giggled.
5. I never learned to drive until I was 35 years old. Better late, than never.
6. When my Granddaughter, Renee was 4 years old, (she's 25 now) we were shopping, and when we got in the car to leave, I backed into a rusty old truck, I didn't see it! She was telling everyone in the family, "when we hit it, it went BOOM!!" I said, "Oh Renee, "we won't tell Grandpa that." ; ))
7. I love to play SCRABBLE, and I also like to play Karaoke. I can't carry a tune, but, I can sing loud.
8.I have a blog where I try to write poetry, I'm not very good at it, but it is fun trying to mess with my brain once in awhile. It is called Shadows Of My Mind, come on over for a visit sometime.
9. 14 years ago (May 18, 1998) we retired from farming in Maryland (sold the farm ; )) moved 850 miles away to retire in Iowa. I know, everyones says "Why Iowa?" I say "Why not Iowa."
10. We have a toy poodle, Joey, he will be 12 years old in April, 2012. I also have an older cat, Miss Molly. She is a white cat, so I started with a white cat when I was young, and ended up with a white cat in my golden years.
11. My favorite pastime is reading....O.K. so I ran out of things to share.
McGuffy's Tag Questions for me:
1. What is your favorite colour?
2. What is your favorite flower?
3. What kind of pet would you like to have if possible?
A Teacup Yorkie.
5. What is the most unusual pet you have ever had?
I once raised a baby duck, that the mother duck abandoned.
6. Why did you start your blog?
I started blogging my guess would be in 2007. I started blogging for my own entertainment, and that is why I blog even now. My first blog was Ann's Quotes and Things. I started it because I love to collect quotes, and it is much easier to save them on a blog than always writing them in My Little Book Of Quotes. Next came Ann's Moody Blues blog, I'm a bit moody, so thought this a good blog to keep my daily thoughts on. It has since become my ABC Wednesday
meme blog. Then followed this blog, Ann's Reading Corner.
7. How/why did you choose the name for your blog?
Since I love to read I thought this would be a good place to keep track of what I read with brief reviews. I'm not much good at reviews, I just like little reminders about the book.
However, now I post all my reviews on yet another one of my blogs, "Book Lust Journal". Most of my blogs have their own themes.
8. Do you have a nickname? What?
Gigi Ann, if you don't already know, Gigi, stands for Great-Gramma. When I was a youngster everyone called me Honey. My daddy started to call me that and it caught on.
9. What is the ringer sound on your cell phone.
I have different ringers, for different people. That way I know who is calling.
10. Do you collect anything? What?
I use to collect pins, earrings, rings, etc. but now I collect
11. What was the last dream you had?
Can't say I remember it.
Questions for Those I Tag:
1. What is your favorite footwear?
2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the face in the mirror?
4. What is your favorite winter drink?
5. When you take time for yourself what do you do?
6. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog? Or are you more comfortable writing post about other people or events?
7. If you could choose to read or talk on the phone, which would you choose, and why?
8. Where was your profile picture taken?
9. Who took your profile picture?
10. Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 am, who do
you want it to be?
11. What items could you not go without during the day?
I am Tagging:
1. Patsy @ My Reading List
2. Sarah @ Serious Blatherings
3. Nolls @ The Book Shelf
4. Bev @ My Reader's Block
Well McGuffy, that was a lot of work, but fun just the same.
Sorry, McGuffy, but, I broke a rule, so smack me 11 strokes with a wet noodle.