Monday, December 26, 2011

"2011 End Of Year Book Survey"


 I love end of year survey's, favorite lists, etc. This one is being hosted by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner.

1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
"The Midwife's Confession," by Diane Chamberlain.

2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
"The Best of Me," by Nicholas Sparks.

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
"The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer.

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?

"The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott" by Kelly O'Connor.  

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
A Patty O'Donnell Mystery Series.
"Blood Money" 
"Rio Star"           by Pepper Smith
"Reef Runner"

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Michael Connelly and David Baldacci.

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
"The Lincoln Lawyer" by Michael Connelly.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
"The Lincoln Lawyer" by Michael Connelly. I read it in two days.

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
"Escape" by Barbara Delinsky, and Night Road, by Kristin Hannah.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?

11. Most memorable character in 2011?
Mickey Haller... Haller is a Lincoln Lawyer, a criminal defense attorney who operates out of the back seat of his Lincoln Town Car.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
I loved this book..."Homer's Odyssey" by Gwen Cooper.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011? 
This is a toughie. From reviewing my answers,  I guess it must be "The Lincoln Lawyer" by Michael Connelly.

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?

"True Colors" by Kristin Hannah.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?

"When you ask, "Mind if I smoke?" even as you're striking the match, realize that most of us will say "no" out of politeness but mean "yes." (From Bad Dogs Have More Fun" page 188)

16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?

I'm really not a re-reader of books, but I really liked "The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott," by Kelly O'Connor, so in a few years I may re-read it. 

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers! 
"The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. So many things in that book I would have liked to talked about with someone else who had read the book.

THE END of THE SURVEY

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting meme! I read The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott in the summer of 2010, ans also enjoyed it a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Potatoe Pie was a surprise. Lincoln Lawyer hey, I will give that one a try.

    Glad you posted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Potato Pie etc (longest title) and The Help. These are such fun lists. I just posted my 2011 wrap up post today.

    Have a wonderful last week of the year, Ann, and happy 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice wrap up post. Too bad the Nicholas Sparks wasn't too good.
    That cover on Stilettos and Scoundrels is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote from the Help too! What a great reading year you had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!! I have to agree with you about "The Midwife's Confession"...hoping that she has a new book in 2012. I think I am the only person on earth that has never read a Sparks book. I found an author who has been compared to him that I absolutely love...I highly recommend..Michael Baron and the book is Spinning. Couldn't put it down.
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete