Monday, September 19, 2011

"A Deadly Cliche' " Review

SUMMARY:
While walking her poodle, Olivia Limoges discovers a dead body buried in the sand. Could it be connected to the bizarre burglaries plaguing Oyster Bay, North Carolina? At every crime scene, the thieves set up odd tableaus: a stick of butter with a knife through it, dolls with silver spoons in their mouths, a deck of cards with a missing queen. Olivia realizes each setup represents a cliché. And who better to decode the cliché clues than her Bayside Book Writers group?


MY THOUGHTS:
I personally thought this book was just an OK read. There was a statement in the book that there were a lot of footprints left in the sand around where the dead body was found. Now in the book, this statement was made after the police were finished with their work around the dead body, and a hurricane had moved through the area blowing over trees and power lines were down, and debris had washed up on the beach... I'm to believe that there were many footprints left from a week before around the dead body area?! There were a few other things I didn't quite agree with also. 


And as far as guessing who done it, there were no clues, all of a sudden the guilty couple shows up in the story. I personally find it fun to try and guess who did it, before someone who wasn't even in the story shows up and I find out they did it, even though I never heard of them before. 

This was the first time I read a book by this author and doubt that I will ever read a book by this author again. 

I read this book for My Animal Reading Challenge.

I gave this book 3*** because it was an OK book to read, but not a favorite of mine.

I bought this book and it is in my personal library.

2 comments:

  1. I always like to guess who done it, makes for more interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad this one wasnt too great. The cover is very cute.

    ReplyDelete