Sunday, September 11, 2011

"The Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers" Review

SUMMARY:
After dropping a bombshell that was a bestseller, Lilian Jackson Braun brings back James Qwilleran and his famous felines, Koko and Yum Yum, for the twenty-ninth installment of the beloved, bestselling Cat Who . . . series. 

Moose County, 400 miles north of everywhere, is in an uproar (good and bad) following vast inheritances from wealthy old families. Only "Cool Koko" knows what's happening . . . and he's not telling. Jim Qwilleran thinks it's because he has more whiskers than ordinary cats, but who's counting? 

Meanwhile . . .
Koko meets a piano tuner.
Polly goes to Paris.
Qwill writes a play (an absurdist play titled The Cat Who Got Elected Dog Catcher).
And there's a mysterious death from a bee sting . . 


MY THOUGHTS:
I thought this week-end I would take a break from reading, and listen to an audio book. So I chose this "Cat Who..." book to listen to. I must say I am so glad I chose to listen to it instead of reading it. I have read quite a few of Ms. Braun's Cat Who books, and found them fun week-end reads. However.......


I was very disappointed in what I thought was going to be a cozy mystery.  I found no mystery, cozy or otherwise in this story. The real mystery was trying to figure out what the mystery was... Another disappointment was, as I set here listening to the story it just ended, without an ending!  I'm setting here listening and waiting to see what was going to happen next....and they just announced George Guidall read the story, and that was that!!! 


Because I was so disappointed in this story I am giving it 2**. I also listened to this book for My Animal Reading Challenge. 


I bought this book, and it is a part of my personal library.

No comments:

Post a Comment