Friday, September 2, 2011

"Back to the Bedroom" Review

Janet Evanovich on Back to the Bedroom

In a previous life, before the time of Plum, Janet wrote twelve short romance novels. Red-hot screwball comedies, each and every one of them. Nine of these stories were originally published by the Loveswept line between the years 1988 and 1992. All immediately went out of print and could be found only at used bookstores and yard sales.
Back to the Bedroom is presented here in almost original form. Janet has done only minor editing to correct some embarrassing bloopers missed the first time around.

Back to the Bedroom is the story of a young woman with the soul of a birthday cake living in a bran muffin house -- and a nice-looking guy with the substance of a bran muffin living in a birthday cake. They share some misadventures, some romantic moments, some misunderstandings, and ultimately they turn into wedding cake.

And for Plum fans, you'll be interested to find that this was the first of the four romances to feature Elsie Hawkins, the prototype for Grandma Mazur. --Janet Evanovich

MY THOUGHTS:

I wanted to read something light, funny and cozy. I found that in this book. I found myself  laughing out loud a few times. It was just what I needed to pull me out of my reading slump I had been experiencing the last few weeks. If you are looking for some deep reading look elsewhere, because this book is just for the fun of it reading.

I also read this book for "My Just For Fun Reading Challenge." And this was just what this book was...a fun book to read, and lighten my TBR pile by one book.


I gave this book 3*** because it was just a fun book to pass an afternoon away without having to think to deeply.


I own this book, and it is in my personal library.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by, and have a fun and safe Labor Day Weekend. Hope to see you on Monday too for our Monday's Music Moves Me. The theme is the 70's ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a fun read. I have read a few of her Plum books and enjoyed those.

    ReplyDelete