Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Theme Thursday"

t
This is a meme hosted by kavyen at "Reading Between Pages"
Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple: Just click above to see the rules.
This weeks theme is TREES.

I'm reading 'The Secrets of Rosa Lee" by Jodi Thomas.

Wild rosebushes clung to the side walls as if protecting it. Old elms, deformed by the wind and ice, lined the property's north border. The old maid had left the place to the town when she'd died two years ago, but it would be Sidney who would help determine the house's fate.

13 comments:

  1. The cover of this book is so beautiful! You picked an excellent passage too! It makes me think of a house in my hometown...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this house sounds lovely! Wild and lovely. The cover is beautiful, too.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY THEME THURSDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Sounds like a great place. I'll have to check this book out. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/theme-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this sounds like a good one. Good pick, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful description - a property can hold so many secrets, especially an overgrown one like that one. This looks like a book I'd really enjoy!

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/08/theme-thursday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cover on the book. I loved your snippet. I think I would really enjoy this book.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I got the new cover for Ghost on Black Mountain so I just posted it. I also have a surprise with the book coming on September 1st.

    I love the set up of your blog especially how you did other interesting blogs. That is epic! I am going to have to play with mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the fate of the house was a good one.
    Lovely snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really good and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a lovely looking and sounding book--enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What happened to the house eventually? Wild rose bushes sound so welcoming ...

    ReplyDelete