Monday, August 22, 2011

"A Stolen Life" Review

SUMMARY:
In the summer of 1991 I was a normal kid. I did normal things. I had friends and a mother who loved me. I was just like you. Until the day my life was stolen. 
For eighteen years I was a prisoner. I was an object for someone to use and abuse. 

For eighteen years I was not allowed to speak my own name. I became a mother and was forced to be a sister. For eighteen years I survived an impossible situation. 

On August 26, 2009, I took my name back. My name is Jaycee Lee Dugard. I don’t think of myself as a victim. I survived. 

A Stolen Life is my story—in my own words, in my own way, exactly as I remember it.


MY THOUGHTS:
I am giving this book 5 stars not because it was a fun book to read, but because it was written by Jaycee Dugard, in her own words. In many ways it sounds like the 11 year old girl she was when she was kidnapped who wrote it. It was a sad book to read, she told of some to the evil things her kidnapper put her through. He was a very evil wicked monster of a man and was brutal to Jaycee. 

I remember reading about her when she was found 18 years after she was kidnapped. And recently one of the newsy shows had a special featuring her. I was glad to see she is adjusting to her new found freedom, and hope that she can find happiness with her family and friends.

I own this book, it is from my personal library.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this story on the news. It's really unbelieveable and sad. Glad she made it out ok.

    ReplyDelete