Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Cover Art" "Aloha Friday" Meme

Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too.
Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!. 
So my question is . .. 
What do you see when you really look at yourself in the face in the mirror?

I hope I'm aging gracefully. Sometimes I see my mother looking back at me. 

This is a meme, hosted by Yvonne at Socrates' Book Review Blog to display all those beautiful, funny, crazy and even those that make you think book covers you come across each week. For the rules visit Yvonne's blog

I love this cover.  I found this in an audio book form. It is what I am currently listening to.

17 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm aging okay (I'm 41) but I hate to see myself in the mirror because I need to lose a few pounds. I don't really see it until I look in a mirror or at a photo of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone who I can't believe is my age because my mind hasn't caught up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see my Mother! I really miss her, however every time I look in the mirror I see her in my eyes. What a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see life passing by much too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoL. When I look at me, I see a woman very happy with the direction life took me!
    I love who I am and where I am...
    Just could really lose the weight...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It depends on the day!! Most of the time it feels crazy to me how you still feel like you look 25 but when you look in the mirror you see otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To tell you the truth I see me the way I use to be. Young, vibrant, and thinner BUT then I blink and I see this woman tired, heavier, and older. First of all I do age gracefully, but not my weight. I had a rough life and I think baby you've come a long way and how different things are now. I'm loved and I'm happy! WOO HOO! GOOD FOR ME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see a few more crow's feet than I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like I don't even notice any more.


    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/07/if-someone-gave-you-a-free-trip-to-blogher-would-you-go/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look at myself and realize how I have not taken care of myself and my skin. Just a year after my baby and I am so engrossed in being a mother. It took me a while to understand the cover, I thot it was a flower and then realized it was a hat. Deceptive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aloha from Hawaii!!! New follower here via the blog hop.... Hope you have an amazing weekend!!! :) - http://www.OliviaBlueMusic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see a little girl whose body has grown up but she is yet to feel like a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Depending on the day, I see either my mom or my dad looking back at me - apparently I got the perfect mix of both. ;)

    Aloha: Back to School Shopping - Let the Foraging Begin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cover! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some days I see a young mom, while other days I feel more my age of 45.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see myself....and the fact that my face looks different due to my Invisalign lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always been lucky in that I don't look my age. However, I have noticed lately that I am aging. :-(


    Aloha - Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete