Monday, May 2, 2011

"Musing Mondays"


This week’s musing hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading asks…
Do you care if the book’s storyline is unrealistic? Will you keep reading, or will you set the book aside?

I am one who definitely wants to read a book who's storyline is realistic. That is the reason I don't read Sci/fi, or some of the weird books out there about vampires, witches, and wizards. I know this is the big thing right now, but to put it mildly...It is not my cup of blood, Oh, sorry, I mean it is not my cup of tea. If the book seems to unrealistic I will put it down never to be picked up again. 
How about you, do you like your reading to be realistic? 

9 comments:

  1. I like reading paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi, but if the author can't support it and write a good concept to the unrealistic he created, then it's doomed to me.

    Here's my answer: http://readingromances.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/mondays-events-ii/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a problem with some aspects of the story being 'unrealistic', depending on the genre.
    However, I think, whatever the genre, it is important that people act in a way that seems real. Maybe human nature is the constant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree - keep it real is my preference. However, I am getting ready to try "Soft Apocolypse" which was the Free Friday selection on my Nook. Sounds like it just might lean toward reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have more moxy then me since you are able to put a book down and not read it even if you don't like... I feel that is hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Werid books like that don't make it to my book reader or book case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, I'm with you on this one. I prefer plausible, realistic books, although I don't mind a touch of wizardry every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can go either way - it depends on the story and the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I don't like too realistic, that would get depressing and frightening too. I don't mind a bit of fantasy. Loved Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. However I don't read sci-fi even though I absolutely loved Star Trek, the original and the newer versions. I don't read about the supernatural either since I frightened the life out of myself when I read Dennis Wheatley's The Devil Rides Out. I was frightened to go to sleep for a couple of days!

    I'll stick to my detective stories even if they're not very realistic.

    ReplyDelete