Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Even Cat Sitters Get the Blues" by Blaize Clement: Review

Synopsis:
Floridian pet-sitting sleuth Dixie Hemingway puts her nine lives back on the line in "Even Cat Sitters Get The Blues" 


Dixie has a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The day she happens upon the dead body outside a fancy mansion is no different. She's had her fill of homicide investigations, so she leaves the gatekeeper's corpse to be found by somebody else. Unfortunately that somebody else sees Dixie leaving the scene of the crime, and the fatal bullet might have even come from her own gun! To make matters worse, the owner of the mansion is Dixie's new client--a scientist who is either a genius, insane, or both--whose pet iguana is under her charge. All that, plus a feisty calico kitten that needs some TLC, means that time is running out for Dixie to catnip this case in the bud...and collar the killer.


My Thoughts: This is the first book I've read in The Cat Sitter Series. It is the first I have read a book by this author, Blaize Clement. 


That being said, I found this book a delightful cozy mystery, especially for animal lovers, and it is a whodunit about human corruption. So kick off your flip-flops, and settle in for a fun read. I read this book this week-end and I liked it, so I am giving it 4****


I also read this book for "My Animal Reading Challenge."


I bought this book at B&N, it belongs to me.

1 comment:

  1. i can't say that i'm much of a mystery reader but i DO love pets. and it's been a while since i've read anything FUN and silly. i may have to give this a try. thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete