Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"She's Gone Country" Review


Title: She’s Gone Country
Author: Jane Porter
Publisher: 5 Spot
Publication Date: August 23, 2010
Paperback: 400 pages
ISBN: 978-0446509411
Genre: Fiction


From back cover:

No one ever said going home would be easy... A former model leading a charmed life in New York City, Shey Darcy was shocked when her handsome photographer husband announced he'd fallen in love with someone else. Left to pick up the pieces of her once happy world, Shey decides to move back home to Texas with her three teenage sons. But life on the family ranch brings a whole new host of dramas, starting with differences of opinion with her staunch Southern Baptist mother and rugged but overprotective brothers, and ending with daily battles with her three sons, who are also struggling to find themselves. Add to the mix Shey's ex-crush, Dane Kelly, a national bull-riding champ, and she's got her hands full. It's not long before Shey realizes that to reinvent herself she must let go of a broken past and an uncertain future, if she is to find happiness-and maybe love-in the present.

My Thoughts: This was the first book I have read by Jane Porter, and I found it an enjoyable read.  It moved along pretty fast, as she had to deal with her teenage sons and their problems. Her oldest son had trouble adjusting after the move from New York City to the ranch in Texas he found it very difficult. The other two sons didn't find living in Texas quite so difficult, but they had other problems to content with. As I said I thought it was a fun read, and I gave it 3***. It was an OK read.

I own this book.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good read - glad you enjoyed it. The moving-back-to-Texas theme is interesting to me, since I'll be doing that too, one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Sounds like an enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this one around the blogosphere and sounds like it might be an easy enjoyable read from your review. I also have to say, Thank You, ....I think....you are doing such a good job on your reviews that my list is now growing because of you.

    ReplyDelete