Friday, January 21, 2011

"Knit Two" Review


  • Pub. Date: November 2008
  • Publisher: Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated
  • Format: Hardcover , 336pp

Synopsis (Borrowed from B & N)

Knit Two, by Kate Jacobs, returns to the Manhattan knitting store Walker and Daughter five years after the death of the store's owner, Georgia Walker. Georgia's daughter Dakota is now an 18 year old freshman at NYU, running the knitting store part-time with the help of the members of the Friday Night Knitting Club. Drawn together by their love for Dakota and the sense of family the club provides, each knitter is struggling with new challenges: for Catherine, finding love after divorce, for Darwin, newborn twins, for Lucie, being both a single mom and caregiver for her elderly mother, and for seventy something Anita, marriage to her sweetheart Marty over the objections of her grown children.As Kate Jacobs returns to the world of Walker and Daughter, she's once again keyed into many of the stresses and joys of being a mother, wife, daughter and friend. Every woman who picks up this book will see themselves in its characters—the very thing that made The Friday Night Knitting Club such a huge success...

My viewpoints: I found this book a bit slow at the start, but, if you can get through the first two chapters, the pace does pick up. 


The main characters that were in the first book of this series, "The Friday Night Knitting Club" are back, and each dealing in their own way with the grief of Georgia Walker, who died five years earlier, of cancer.


This time around we find everyone seems to be struggling with their own problems. Be it child rearing, friendships, love affairs, college, what they want to pursue as a career, an aging mother, etc. I personally didn't enjoy this book as much as the first in the series, "The Friday Night Knitting Club." However it was a nice comfort reading book. But, let me say this, it was not a fast read, or a page turner for me. I finished the book, and gave it 3***. It was an OK read.


I borrowed this book from the Library.

11 comments:

  1. I read the Friday Night Knitting Club and remember liking it. I may try to read some more of that series. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly. I liked the first one much better too. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts exactly. I liked the first one much better too. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this review. I've managed to reserve this & the Friday Night Knitting Club. Trying to support our libraries or we'll lose them. Cheaper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL It just a matter of time that The New York Post will be contacting you to write professional reviews for them. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this series, Gigi Ann. Have a nice weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gigi Ann thanks for g-mail. I wouldn't buy the L'Amour books but they are here so I read them sometime. I am reading a book now call "The Girl of the Limberlost"
    by Gene Stration Porter. About a young girl growing up in the old days. Lots of hardship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Gigi Ann! Thanks for adding me to your "Interesting blogs" sidebar.

    This book looks like it's sad and heartwarming at the same time. And yeah, I can't imagine that it was a page turner by any means!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read this series for a long time. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete