Tuesday, October 5, 2010




Teaser Tuesdays (Oct.5)

October 5, 2010

teasertuesdays31Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week I am reading Debbie Macomber's book The Shop on Blossom Street.


"You wouldn't believe what Tammie Lee does with okra. I swear I've died and gone to heaven."


Once and only once had Jacqueline sampled the slimy green vegetable. It'd had been in some kind of soup dish. Never having seen it before, she lifted it from the bowl and been repulsed by the thick slime that had dripped from her spoon. She nearly gagged just looking at it and now her son was telling her he enjoyed this disgusting vegetable.  PB pg. 90.

5 comments:

  1. I like her books too. I've read Twenty Wishes, One Simple Act, and Shirley, Goodness and Mercy.

    Stopping by from TT. Here's a link to ours if you get a chance to stop by:
    http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-choice-man-behind-nose.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read her books before but they sound interesting. I hate okra and good luck that she was able to make it taste good.

    Here's my TEASER for this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent teaser! Haven't read anything by Debbie Macomber yet, but I want to - she certainly is prolific! And I love okra. Obviously, this lady had never tasted really good gumbo!

    Here’s my teaser from The House Next Door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I haven't read anything by this author, but she sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete