Monday, September 13, 2010

Musing Mondays/Meet Me On Mondays




This weeks musing hosted by Should Be Reading,  asks:

Where do you buy or get most of your books?

I buy most of my books at Barnes and Noble. I also have a Half-price Bookstore I buy some of my books at as well. I like that store, because I can take the books I've read, and they buy them, so that gives me a little spending money to buy more books. I also find books at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club. I try to go to the Library when they have book sales, and of course I'm always checking out yard sales for books.  BTW, Nicholas Sparks has a new book being released tomorrow, therefore,  sometime tomorrow I will be found in Barnes and Noble, buying it.  I guess I buy books anywhere I can find them.

How about you, where do you buy your books?





Questions: 

1. What is your favorite pasta dish?



My favorite dish is Spaghetti, Angel Hair pasta to be specific, with lots of meat sauce.

2. What is the last thing you do before going to bed?



Watch the local evening news.

3. How many nights a week do you go out to eat?



I don't eat out much in the evenings, I am a eat out lunch kind of girl. I eat lunch out about 5 days a week.


4. Are you an avid book reader?


I would have to say YES, I read about one or two books a week, plus other reading throughout the week.

5. Would you rather have x-ray vision or bionic hearing?



X-ray vision, if I want to read those books I need my eye sight.


If you would like to read more "Meet Me On Monday" visit here.

12 comments:

  1. Barnes and Noble is my favorite of all the book stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had yard sales! A flea market is the closest i can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am heading to my local bookstore tomorrow to get the new Nicholas Sparks book and then the following week he will be there to sign books - I'm so excited!

    My musing is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love Barnes & Noble...and I live within walking distance of one!

    I never walk there, though, because I might have lots to carry home...lol.

    I'm more likely to buy there when I get one of their coupons (in my e-mail) for books I'm wishing for.

    Here's what I wrote:

    http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/09/13/musing-mondays-sept-13/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a localish bookstore here called Hastings and I get books there, at Walmart, and from Amazon.com. I'm not opposed to used books and hit the library book sale every year, too.
    I picked x-ray vision, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer to buy books from the local independent bookseller but it's not always convenient (or cost effective) to do so. Either Barnes & Noble or Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your answers for Meet Me Modnday. I missed it today due to being ill. :(. I just love used book stores, thats where my PBs go. Even though I come home with more than I went with. I guess I am not getting the concept of having my shelves dwindle down lol. BTW earrings should be delivered within 2 weeks.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to buy books, but they were just taking up to much room. So now I go to the library.
    LOVE spaghetti too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can buy used books if in good condition!

    Have a great reading week ahead! Here is my Mondays: Mailbox/Where Am I/Musings post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting post!

    I get my books from a great variety of sources!

    Have a wonderful Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, "anywhere I can find them" is definitely where I buy books, too! But yard sales are probably my favorite - it's like going on a treasure hunt. Hope you have a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly are an avid book reader!
    I have to agree Angel Hair pasta is good.

    ReplyDelete