Monday, July 12, 2010

"Musing Mondays"





Musing Mondays IS HOSTED BY MIZB AT SHOULD BE READING, THE QUESTION THIS WEEK ASKS.....


Can you read amidst distractions? (tv, others talking, sporting events, etc)


Most of the time I like peace and quiet, especially when I'm at home. I go to my reading corner in my bedroom, or on the front porch. However, when I visit the doctor, I read in the waiting room, but, I find it a bit distracting. When I go to Barnes and Noble, to look for books, I find what I want and set and read until my husband is finished his shopping, then he comes and picks me up. I have my own favorite little nook when I visit the library that I go and read in. Sometimes, I just go there to set for an hour or two to read. I find that very relaxing. But the final answer is..... I don't like reading among distractions. Give me a quiet corner anytime, and I'm a happy reader. 
How about you, Can you read among distractions?

9 comments:

  1. I'm pretty much the same way. I do read in the doctor's office, but I'm easily distracted. I read at Barnes & Noble with my Nook (they set it up really nice to encourage all of us to read our Nooks there), but I do tend to look at everything around me as I try to read.

    The best for me is at home in silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a little background noise or I tend to doze off. Love the new look.
    Cheryl "Mash"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have adjusted to distractions when I had to, but my preference is for quiet reading.

    Love your new blog look!

    My musing is here:

    http://meditationsbylaurelrain.wordpress.com/2010/07/12/musing-mondays/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not that I do not mind the noise...I need it. I am afraid I am one of those TV on, as background noise, all the time folks. I read, write, work...do everything with the 'distraction'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann! It depends on what I'm reading! If it's a book that I'm so totally engrossed in, then there wouldn't be a distraction loud enough to bother me...I wouldn't even hear it! Most of the time, unfortunately, that's not the case, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It depends how tired I am. If I am tired then I need a quiet place to concentrate. When I am not tired, I usually sit on the couch with my boyfriend and read while he watches TV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes for me it depends on how interesting the book is. But most of the time I prefer QUIET.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can shut out some background noises, and there is always chaos at my house so I have to get used to noises. I would prefer quiet, but I can deal with distractions.

    ReplyDelete