However, I wanted to thank C. Mash for The Versatile Blogger Award, for book bloggers. She has a lovely book blog, where she writes reviews about books, and also she has book contests where she gives away books. If you haven't already visited her blog please, flip on over and check her out.
I don't know what I did to deserve this award, but.... The rules are......
So I guess what I need to do now is share five things about myself, and pass this on to 5 blogs I have recently discovered. Hmmm...okay, here goes...
1. I can not go in a bookstore, or anywhere books are sold, without at least leaving with one book. If I live to be 100 years old, I will probably never get them all read.
2. I hate to shop for anything but books. My daughter, Rhonda, send me, my new clothes for the summer. Everyone, noticed and complimented me on my new wardrobe... how pathetic is that. Two years ago while visiting my other daughter, Jill, and granddaughter, Renee, they helped me pick out my summer wardrobe that year.
3. 12 years ago to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, we retired and moved from Maryland to Iowa. That is one of the reasons I have much more time to read. We had a farm, and it kept us pretty busy, and my reading time was limited. Therefore, I am enjoying my retirement, and catching up on my reading.
4. In the summertime my favorite footwear is made up mostly of Flip-flops, and sandals. Anything I can just slip in and out of. That is another thing I have trouble with, leaving a store without at least one new pair of flip-flops.
5. I like doing crazy little memes, where they ask such questions as...If I were a month, I'd be... June. Or, If I were a musical instrument, I'd be a .... Harp... You get the idea. Maybe tomorrow I'll post one in The Reading Corner, for all to see, then you can play along with me. ; )
Now the hard part picking 5 other bloggers to receive this award. I'm not sure if any of these bloggers accept blog awards, but, I sure do enjoy reading their blogs, as well as all the other bookie blogs listed to the right in my bookie bloggers list. Here are my five choices......
1. Starlight Blog
2. The Book Nook
3. RUZ' Bookshelves
4. Socrates' Book Reviews
5. Books We Read