Friday, June 4, 2010

"Friday's Find, Risk No Secrets"









What great books did you hear about / discover this past week? Share with us your FRIDAY FINDS! :D

One day this week, while picking up a prescription at the local pharmacy, I noticed Cindy Gernard's book "Risk No Secrets" at the check-out counter. Since she is a local author, living in this area, I decided to buy it. Also, it has been in the top 10 of the New York Times list of bestsellers for a few weeks. 


It is a paperback book with 388 pages, I am just up to page 142, for right now, until the end of the day I will be much farther along, but, it has kept my attention, so far. This is only the second book I have read by Cindy, the first was probably 4 or 5 years ago,  maybe longer, ("time does fly when you're having fun")...and I just didn't care for it. So what the heck, I said, give her another try, you may find you will enjoy this book. It is a different story line then the one I read before, if I remember correctly the one I read before was about a Texas Cowboy and his lust or love with some Texas lady.  It wasn't my cup of tea. It was just to steamy and hot for me. 


So I hope this one proves to be a better read than the first. I'm thinking, the weather is getting to steamy and hot for me these last few days, and probably this book will sizzle this week-end also! 


 That was my "Friday Find" for this week. What did you find fun to read this week? 


P.S. My Review:  I read about half of the book and lost interest. I tried to give her a second try, but, it just wasn't going to happen. And then it got to smutty, and trashy for my taste. I'm sure many people will enjoy it, but, it just wasn't my kind of reading. So, I will just take a wild guess, that the young girl that was kidnapped, was rescued, and everyone else lived happily ever after, in their lust and love. I will never know, because, I will never finish reading the rest of the book.  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I agree with you on that one :}. Romance is more fun when it's subtle. My Friday find is a new one called, "The Little Book of Death," which is a funny story about one man's death that takes place in one second. I really enjoyed it and got to read it for free from the author's website. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounded interesting! Sorry you lost interest!

    ReplyDelete