Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays



teasertuesdays31 Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
"He pushed the thought of tragedy from mind, but it kept coming back, along with every sort of remorse imaginable. He cursed himself for thinking that he could successfully lead so large, untried, and reluctant a group, even with two experienced climbers along."

This book, Suddenly,  is by Barbara Delinsky, one of my favorite authors. 

3 comments:

  1. Oooo, fun! I just happen to be reading one of those books that I get so lost in, 2 hours can go by, before I know it. Although, when the words get all blurry, it's a sure sign I've been reading a long time!!
    Here's mine: "Miss Celia, now what is going on in here?" I mean, she's got stockings dangling from chairs, pocketbooks on the floor, enough costume jewelry for a whole family of hookers, forty-five pairs of high-heel shoes, underthings, overcoats, panties, brassieres, and a half-empty bottle of white wine on the chifforobe with no coaster under it.
    This is from "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I'd heard from so many women what a fabulous book it was, I went out and bought it. And it is definitely not disappointing me. I haven't loved a book this much in a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky, I will have to check and see if the library has it, and give it a read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, good choice, I love Barbara Delinsky too. I hope you're enjoying the book. My TT is from The Seventh Witch and can be found here

    ReplyDelete