Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Hummingbird"

LaVyrle Spencer (b. July 17, 1943 in Browerville, Minnesota) is an American best-selling author of contemporary and historical romance novels. She has successfully published a number of books, with several of them made into movies. Twelve of her books have been New York Times bestsellers, and Spencer was inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame in 1988. She retired from writing in 1997.  
~ Wikipedia ~


I have had this book on my bookshelf for a few years now. Ms. Spencer retired in 1997, and since she was one of my favorite authors, I am always on the lookout for books by her. I have found a few of her books at yard sales, book sales, half-priced bookstores, etc. So as my next selection for my recreational reading I have chosen "Hummingbird." It's copyright date is 1983. So I have no idea what it is about, but, I am looking forward to reading it. And as I always say: "No matter how old the book, if you haven't read it, it's new to you."


TEASER: He heard her creeping softly down the stairs before dawn had fully blossomed in the sky. She flashed past the area he could view from his bed, and he heard the front door open. After a stretch of silence he heard her humming ever so faintly. Off in the unseen distance a rooster crowed. He imagined her standing there at the east door, looking out at the dawn, listening to it. She passed his door on catfeet.


You will find me in "My Reading Corner" if you need me.....

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy Hummingbird. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann! I know how fun it is to keep finding books by a favorite author and then when you've read them all, wondering....."how soon til the next one comes out??!!" So, how sad that she's retired! But, I'm sure you'll keep finding many new and old favorite writers!

    ReplyDelete