Monday, February 8, 2010

"Just wondering...."


Monday, February 8, 2010

"Just wondering...."


Do you frequently read more than one book at a time? Do you try to limit this to a certain number? Do you have different books for different purposes/topics?
I’m usually only able to read one book at a time. I’ve tried to read multiple books at one time, but I always end up focusing more on one than the others, and finishing it first. So, it doesn’t really make any sense for me to try to read more than one, anyway.
If I start a book and find it doesn't hold my attention, I usually never finish reading that book. I have at times made myself finish reading the book, thinking it would get better as I read on, but usually if I'm about half way through the book and it still doesn't peak my interest, it goes to the trash can or the used book store. I have learned after many years of reading, if it ain't fun in the first third of the book, it won't get any better as I go along. 
I do read different books of different purposes or topics. They are of a more serious nature, which I read each week. But as for my recreational reading I try to limit it to one at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am always reading 5 different book at one time. I have very short attention span and get bored easily... The only way I can read is to read 5 books at a time... they always are of different topics, from science to politics to fictions of romance or mystery, to history and memoirs... I read all kinds of subjects. This is because no one single subject can hold my sole interest... Not sure if its good or bad...

    ReplyDelete