Thursday, November 19, 2009

"What Am I Reading Now?"

I finished reading Jane Austen's Persuasion, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will probably watch the movie some evening this week-end.

Today I started reading Nicholas Sparks novel The Last Song. I always enjoy his books so will be making this my week-end recreational reading. I always like to read his books, he always seems to come up with stories that go this way, and that way, and then the surprise endings. Sometimes happy endings, sometimes sad endings, and sometimes bittersweet endings. I just never know until THE END what his mind will come up with. But it is always a fun read, whatever the outcome in THE END.

Well, off to my little reading corner to enjoy my evening and the week-end.....

November 23, 2009, Monday

Today I finished reading "The Last Song."  It was an OK fun read for the week-end, but I have to admit I didn't enjoy it as much as some of his other books. Oh, well! I can't expect them all to be #10's. On a scale of 1-10, I guess I would give this one a 6 or 7. Like I said it was OK. It was a bit predictable, which isn't always the way with Nicholas Sparks books. It had a bittersweet and sweet ending, but I figured out the ending before I finished reading the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment